- About Me
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Disability Insurance Claims
- Other Legal Services
- Personal Injury
- Case Results
- Courts Accept That “Objective Evidence” Is Not Required To Prove Disability Due To Fibromyalgia
- An Insurance Company May Not Raise New Defenses In The Litigation That It Did Not State In Its Denial Letters
- An Insurer’s Mere Mention Of Evidence Contrary To Its Denial Does Not Mean It Considered It
- An ERISA Insurer Or ERISA Plan Must Sufficiently Explain Its Denial
- Recovering Attorneys Fees Where Your Public Interest Lawsuit Has Limited Success
- Your Attempt To Return To Work Does Not Bar A Finding Of Disability
- Even In An ERISA Case, The Disability Insurer Must Consider the Insured’s Actual Job Duties
- An ERISA Insurer Cannot Refuse To Credit The Claimant’s Medical Evidence Without A Sufficient Explanation
- In Many ERISA Cases, The Disability Insurer Should Be Barred From Requiring “Objective Evidence” Of Disability
- How The Insurance Company Uses The “Vocational Expert” To Support A Denial
- A Pillar Of The Insurance Company’s Denial: The Insurance Company Doctor
- Another Insurance Company Technique To Deny Claims: “Doc-to-Doc” Interview
- The Insurance Company Doctor’s Techniques To Support A Denial
- What are the deadlines in California for suing an insurance company?
- What is the definition of “disability” and “total disability” in California?
- When Does An Insurance Company Act In “Bad Faith?”
- The “De Novo” Standard Of Review In An ERISA Case
- An Insurance Company Cannot Properly Deny A Claim It Says Is Based Solely On “Self-Reports”
- Bad Faith Tactics of Disability Insurance Companies
- Insurance Company Tactics for Denying a Long-Term Disability Claim
- Can Long Haul COVID Be the Basis for a Disability Claim?
- Insurance Companies’ Use of Surveillance to Deny a Claim
- Common Mistakes When Filing a Long-Term Disability Claim
- Long-Term Disability for People with Chronic Pain
- What You Should Consider Before Taking a Buyout
- How Insurers Cherry-Pick Medical Records to Deny Claims
- What to Do When Your Disability Claim Is Denied
- The Corruption of the IME Physician
- Assessing Car Accidents
- Contact Us
- Insurance company acting in bad faith? Cohen can help.
- Denied Long-Term Care Benefits?
- Medical Professional Disability Benefit Claims
- Are You A Public Employee Whose Disability Claim Has Been Unfairly Denied?
- Insurance Wrongfully Denied?